This is (initially at least), the story of my preparations for the Flora London Marathon in April 06. I ran i last year, raising money for charity - and may have to do so again this year - but my goal this year is to run below 3hrs 15 minutes, which will get me automatic entry for the next two years - here's hoping!

Friday, January 20, 2006

Track session and bonus run!

Didn't post yesterday, but had a good pre-half marathon sesion down the track. A few of us are "halfing" on Sunday, so we had a good warm-up then ran 2 lots of 6 laps (2,400m - or a mile and a half nigh on) with an 800m recovery in between. Intention was to run them at half marathon pace, so pleased when I hit my intended 6:40min mile pace almost bang on - out of 12 laps only the first and last weren't spot on 1:40 target time, and they were both quicker. No pain from anywhere unexpected, and finished the session feeling pretty good.

Was supposed to be going over to Chester for a meeting this afternoon, but decided to do it by phone instead, so managed an early dart today for once. After a hopeless wander round TK Maxx to try and find Lily a fleece for skiing, I tried a bizarre route home (anything to avoid Keighley...), and got back about 5.30 - so decided to get a few miles in before tea.

Ran my usual 6 miler, but tried very hard to take it very easy, so kept it about 8 min mile pace. It was very windy, but it was behind on the way out (which is also up), so came home feeling good in a tiny bit short of 47 mins, meaning 7:49min mile pace felt very easy indeed - don't want to count any chickens, but that's only 15 seconds outside marathon pace, so things are looking good before my 'mid-season break' after Sunday.

I'll run Monday, hopefully, but then won't run at all for a week as I'll be skiing till Sunday night.

Garmin stats: 6 miles in 46:59, average pace 7:49 min mile, average HR 139bpm (pleased with that) - 65% WHR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home