This is (initially at least), the story of my preparations for the Flora London Marathon in April 06. I ran i last year, raising money for charity - and may have to do so again this year - but my goal this year is to run below 3hrs 15 minutes, which will get me automatic entry for the next two years - here's hoping!

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Counting's really hard!

Tough session down the track tonight - few laps warm up, then a few drills (high steps, back flips, skipping, 4x100m strides) then 5x1,000m with 200m recoveries. Ran the first k a bit quick (3:48) but then settled into what's about my 10k pace of 3:55 per k (which is about 39:10 for 10k). Quite surprised to see a couple of the lads stop after 4 reps, but carried on manfully, feeling very virtuous in the fact that I'd completed the session.

Ran my last k in 3:53, and jogged triumphantly round to the lads.

"Six, eh?" they said.

Ah...that was why they'd finished "early" - they can count to 5...

Silly old me.

Rest tomorrow, then 6 miles Saturday and another 18 Sunday, hopefully, which'll give me another 40 mile week, before a "mini-taper" for Brass Monkey half on 22nd (and then skiing on 25th!!!!!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home