This is (initially at least), the story of my preparations for the Flora London Marathon in April 06. I ran i last year, raising money for charity - and may have to do so again this year - but my goal this year is to run below 3hrs 15 minutes, which will get me automatic entry for the next two years - here's hoping!

Saturday, January 14, 2006

A brisk 6 miles

Seem to be in danger of turning into a "3 sessions at 8min miles and one track sesh" runner at the moment, so went out for my saturday run and went a bit harder than usual. Felt very hard, actually, and as i had to sprint like stink to get under 7 min mile pace I was feeling like I need to more of this sort of thing.

Usual Halton East circuit, with miles of 7:34, 7:14, 7:08, 6:43, 6:43 and 6:26 to finish - garmin output below:

You can see from the elevation (green line) that it's basically up a hill and back down again, hence the mile splits.

Garmin numbers: 6:00 miles in 41:51, average pace 6:58 min miles, average HR 151bpm (73% of max). Need to do some more runs with higher average HRs before marathon day, I reckon.

Big 'un tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home