This is (initially at least), the story of my preparations for the Flora London Marathon in April 06. I ran i last year, raising money for charity - and may have to do so again this year - but my goal this year is to run below 3hrs 15 minutes, which will get me automatic entry for the next two years - here's hoping!

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Brass Monkey Half

Happy boy - not only have I wangled an 18 miler out of today, I've also run just over 13 miles of it at a pretty speedy pace for me and taken another 2:45 off my half marathon PB. Hurrah!!

It works like this: warm up for 3 miles at jsut pver 8 min mile pace, sympathising with BAR (or should thet be HAR - Hypochondriac Across the Road?) about his foot, his stomach problems, his cold etc etc.

Then run Brass Monkey half in a new PB, breaking the magic 85min barrier in the process.

the warm down for a mile with woman from Ilkley who's just stormed a 1:25:40-odd, then meet the plucky BAR who's also smashed his PB (1:37 being outstanding for someone who should by rights be bed-ridden), but who gets lonely warming down by himself so run another mile with him!.

Brilliant, brilliant race - well organised, flat as you like, friendly marshalls, polite traffic(!) and a decent sweatshirt at the end.

Might run tomorrow, or might be rude and go to the club Tuesday whilst some friends come over to stay before we go skiing on Wednesday...

Garmin numbers (race only): 13.21 miles (I know...) in 1:24:42, average pace 6:24 min miles, average HR 158 (78% WHR).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home